Job Title : Event Producer
This person will be responsible for delivering all the technical and production elements for external events and conferences. Based in the Multimedia department they will be responsible for the design, planning, budgeting and execution of an event working through the entire project lifecycle. They will work closely with the Business Units and Marketing department to ensure all goals and objectives are delivered to the most exacting standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work directly with Event Planners to develop an overall production approach for each event.
• Follow SOP to produce accurate budgets, well in advance of the event.
• Produce accurate and detailed vendor briefing documents and use appropriate vendors for each project.
• Co-ordinate with internal departments, external vendors and venues to produce working drawings, visuals, production schedules and all required documentation.
• Work closely with Creative Services to produce branded backdrops and artwork for events.
• Work closely with internal Multimedia department groups (Video Production, Streaming, Engineering and Operations)
• Procure external services using firm approved sourcing methods.
• Use experience to anticipate and prepare for on-site changes at an event.
• Travel extensively with the Marketing team to conduct site inspections to assess venue viability and identify challenges.
• Lead and supervise vendors throughout the entire project delivery phase ensuring work meets expectation and is on schedule.
• Work directly with senior executives and clients to develop content and provide a vital interface when using specialist technology.
• Keep client, planners and management informed of any issues, delays and solutions to the inevitable production changes that occur at live events.
• Provide timely reporting for department initiatives.
• A professional qualification and at least 5 years’ experience in the live events production industry.
• Proven track record of delivering live events to a very high standard.
• Experience presenting concepts and technical proposals to non-technical clients.
• Strong logistical and resource planning with an excellent attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of the latest technology and production techniques
• Strong interpersonal, management and customer relations skills
• Resourceful, flexible and able to work in a pressurized environment with constantly changing priorities.
• Excellent time management skills
• Be able to work on own initiative and accept accountability.
• Must have excellent IT Skills and problem solving ability. Ideally the candidate will have some experience with Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and Visio.
• Must be prepared to travel extensively and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Event Producers look after the very specific technical areas such as: Staging, Audio Visual, IT and Lighting, Sound etc. These candidates would not have the technical knowledge required to work with specialist vendors.