IT Solution Architect – App Dev
The Solution Architect leads the evolution of the application and technical architecture landscape in the context of the internal Enterprise Architecture (EA) Framework (Eagle) contributing to projects and business lines as usual activities. S/He works with the Functional architects to define and manage the transition of the application and technical architecture of the enterprise. Besides s/he shapes the design of systems to support both the functional and non-functional requirements of a Business Line and CIB as a whole.
The Solution Architect must:
- Respect the rules and principles of the EA
- Assist project teams where necessary with the choice of technical solutions that meet the needs of business sponsors
- Be responsible for the maintenance and enforcement of alignment to the CIB Technology Standards List
- Ensure the compatibility of accepted choices with the choices already validated in terms of standard application and technical architectures in the Business
- Assist project teams in the management of technical and implementation risks
- Help project teams to complete the necessary documentation for the purposes of the various Architecture Committees.
- Perform a “technology watch” initiative to ensure CIB Architecture are aware of upcoming and related technologies
The candidate will have proven experience as a Solution Architect. He must be particularly well versed in architecting complex, high performance systems by following accepted best practice design and engineering principles.
The person should be an innovative, highly skilled individual who can add value to the IT community at a practical level and work with developers, production staff, technical architects and senior management.
Additionally, the following are required:
- Deep experience of complex application architectures in the financial industry
- Strong architecture modelling and design with a deep knowledge of development methods and tools such as UML
- Working knowledge and experience of one or more architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Proven experience in application development, ideally with a broad spread of experience across a number of technologies
- Be a practitioner of software engineering best practices and processes
- Excellent problem solving skills, being able to develop solutions to complex requirements
- Ability to think and work at both a low level of detail and a high level of abstraction, with an understanding of the interactions and benefits of each.
- Highly developed written communication skills both in document production and development of architecture models.
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience of presenting complex technology and strategy concepts to a wide range of stakeholders, understanding their views and positions and how these views will influence proposed solutions
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience.