This individual will work closely with our internal and external clients to translate business requirements for –rich interactive application projects into intuitive UI designs. Merging various disciplines such as UI design, usability, strategy, business analysis, systems integration, and information science, this role is responsible for executing the information structure and user experience of the project.
• Deliver design of user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
• Regularly research and identify new opportunities to differentiate wealth management offerings from its competitors
• Work independently with business users to help reach consensus on overall design strategies
• Work with business analysts and developers to communicate the requirements and apply project management skills to ensure projects are completed on time
• Architect the information flow to create detailed wire frames and screen designs using Axure or HTML
• Build interactive prototypes using HTML to demonstrate that represent both the visual identity and interaction model required to test and evolve products for user and internal testing
• Perform heuristic site evaluations and competitive site analysis
• Create and revise information architecture documents including but not limited to; site maps, user profiles, user scenarios, use cases, wireframes, content matrices, flow diagrams/process maps, and detailed user interface specifications
• Facilitate usability testing with internal and external users
• 5 + years of experience in interaction design, with focus on a user-centered approach
• Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team, and present ideas and designs effectively.
• Experience building wireframes in AXURE or Microsoft Visio
• Experience working with large-scale web products Financial applications specifically in wealth management
• Experience in Rich Internet Application UI design – HTML5, CSS3
• Experience facilitating usability testing and user research
• Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load, and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
• Must be an effective problem solver. Comes up with creative solutions and considers many alternative solutions to each problem.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.